Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Flashback 10 years

So, I had a major flashback today. I stepped on campus at Ahwahnee Middle School. My new position with YFC is directing the middle school division and so I got to go visit the Ahwahnee club before school this morning. It was totally crazy to be back on the middle school that I attended from 1996-1998. Much of the campus is the same and looks just like it was ten years ago when I left. The club was even in the classroom where I had my 7th and 8th grade english classes, good ole E4. I even ran into Mrs. Smith my old 8th grade english teacher. She looked at me and her jaw dropped when she saw me, she gave me a huge hug. What a sweet woman, somethings never change. The student population has heavily changed with many of the neighborhood kids now going to Clovis Unified School District and the majority of the Ahwahnee campus is now bused in from other areas. One thing that will never change is the fact that there will always be a warm spot in my heart for Ahwahnee Middle School. Jr. high sucks at times but I had some great teachers and made some amazing life long friends there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Flashback??? 96-98.. crap D!! I was out of HS in 96... MY gosh I am feeling OLD now... ha

dave said...

Megan is not old

I am Ahwahnee Class of '74 baby!