Saturday, March 01, 2008

Things I've Been Learning

Thanks to my good friend Bec, I have been encouraged to write things i've been learning on my blog after she did so on hers.

1. Life isn't fair, yet God remains faithful.

2. Therapy is necessary for all people at some point in there life. Mine just happens to be now.

3. Frozen yogurt can really bring joy to your belly and your spirits.

4. Tattoos are permanent, however they aren't bad. I am really debating getting one.

5. Fear is a part of life, accepting it is easy learning how to overcome it is the hard part.

6. Of course my family is dysfunctional. I need to accept the obvious and then work to not believe the lie that dysfunction is my destiny.

7. The Biggest Loser is quite an encouragement. If they can lose 80+ pounds I surely can lose 15.

8. Sometimes you just gotta sing. It's food for the soul.

9. Sunday and Thursday of this week will mark some of the hardest moments of my life as I say good bye to people that are truly closer to me than family. I must remember, change is good.

10. Watching sports brings adrenaline. It's fun and exciting. If only the Bulldog's won. I think I am making up for being deprived from sports growing up.

11. Being sick can be a way for God and your body to tell you to slow down, chill out, and relax for a bit.

12. Marriage is a scary, scary thing. It may seem like fun but I am definitely not ready.

13. Everyone needs friends who will stick by you regardless of the crap you go through. I am blessed with a few amazing ones who I couldn't get through life without. (You know who you are...thank you)

14. Being a disciple takes discipline.

15. People in ministry often have to solve other peoples problems, its no wonder their own problems go unresolved.

Just some thoughts I am processing. Here's to a great new week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Leviticus 19:28 "Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the Lord."
Check out the other "do nots in this list. Some are still true today...some we may question. Which does this fall under?