Tuesday, April 17, 2007

More Sad News...

Today I received an e-mail from the President of YFC/USA. The subject line: Organizational Announcement. When you see that subject line it means someones leaving, coming on, or changin jobs. As I opened the e-mail I immediately scanned the e-mail for names. First name that popped up was my good friend Jenny. (There were some other changes in the e-mail, important yes, significant to me not so much) I began to read the first paragraph and immediately was saddened that she is leaving YFC in June. Jenny has been a part of YFC for many many years, I think even before I was born! I am happy for Jenny as she is venturing from YFC to focus on achieving her doctorate and will be going to seminary full time. In the short year I have been on staff Jenny and I have connected at Summer Institute (picture above), DCLA, and Mid Winter. Out of everyone at YFC, I look up to her the most. She is genuine and truly cares (not to say others at YFC are not that way, they are!). Something about Jenny and I just clicked and I have enjoyed our one on one conversations and little e-mails here and there. It was my goal to one day work along side her at the National Office. This may never occur, however I do know Jenny will forever hold a place in my heart. Thank you for all you have done Jenny! May God bless you in your new adventure!

No comments: