Friday, April 20, 2007

Wisdom Comes With Age

Today was YFC's annual Golf Classic fundraiser. It ended up being a great event...the weather held up for us and we had a great amount of golfers! I was assigned to sit at Hole #7 for about six hours to measure the closest to the pin for a cash prize. Well, I was assigned to work with a lady by the name of Ann. Ann came on staff with YFC one month before I was born so needless to say she has seen many aspects of YFC. She is also my elder by probably 35 years give or take. A year ago when I was interviewing with YFC I thought Ann didn't like me. I swore up and down that I wasn't going to get the job because of her. Well, needless to say I read the situation wrong. I have gotten to know Ann over this past year and really have began to love her like a grandma. I was a little worried this morning that six hours with someone much older than me would be difficult to maintain conversation. God quickly changed my heart, I had an amazing six hours with Ann. The time passed very quickly as I learned about Ann's life, about the history of YFC, and about just great stuff. I was truly blessed to be able to have spent the day with her. I feel even more encouraged about being a part of youth ministry and YFC after the talks I have had with her. So, Ann, you will probably never read this but I want to say thank you!

No comments: