Thursday, April 26, 2007

One Heck Of A Year!!!!

Today marked my one year anniversary with Youth for Christ. On April 26, 2006 I was placed onto paid staff. It is crazy how time flies. I actually forgot today was my anniversary, I remember thinking last week that it was this week. I was approached by one of my volunteers at club tonight who reminded me it was my anniversary and then presented me with a card signed by all the students, along with a gift card to Starbucks. She brought me up to the front and said some nice things about me and I really was speechless.

This past year has truly been such a blessing. I am constantly reminded of how lucky I am to be part of such an awesome ministry like Campus Life and Youth for Christ. Daily I am challenged...and the funny part is that I am usually challenged by my kids! They may think they are just teenagers but they have impacted my life more than they will ever know. Today is a day to celebrate one year of fun but also one year of God's faithfulness to provide facilities, funds, volunteers, etc...but most importantly students. I love my kids and am so blessed to be able to be part of their lives. So, really today is Happy 1 Year Anniversary to my kids for putting up with me! Here's to many many more!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy one year! That is awesome!!!!

Jen Anderson said...

delicious cupcake!
my guess is that it's Funfetti.

seriously, congratulations D!

YFC is blessed to have you. it's amazing what you've done with our club. thank you.