Friday, January 04, 2008

Democrat...and Christian!

Yes friends, it is true...I officially changed my political party to Democrat. I know some of you would not agree with my choice and others fully support it and have even done the same thing. I am tired of the stereotype that it is not Christ-like to be a democrat. Seriously, show me in the bible where it says you gotta be a republican to be a follower of Christ. I am not the most political person but I am trying to be more well-educated on my voting and I am not ashamed to say that I am a Christian and a Democrat. Happy Election Year!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think there is a problem being a democrat and a christian but, please just choose wisely with the candidates.

Anonymous said...

Your a Californian...figures!

Show me one presidential canidate in the Democratic Party that values life. Life at conception and life at the end.

I was a diehard democrat as a kid back in the day. I may have even voted for Carter...can't remember who I voted for that election and it was my first. My Dad build a mememorial at Ford's Birthplace in Omaha.

I would not be ashamed of registering Democrat, but I would seriously weigh the rational.

Hilary belives in killing unborn babies...beleives it is a better life for them.

Obama believes the same.

Edwards claims the name of Jesus personally yet doesn't value the unborn, yet values his wife who has a terminal illness.

I forget the rest of the Dem's.

The Republican party isn't much better in my mind. Unfortunately Sam Brownbeck dropped out. He was for many Christian social issues.
Let me what you think.

Jen Anderson said...

be passionate.
use your voice to vote,
it's the only voice you have.

democrat, or republican...
it's our right.
if you don't use it,
nobody else will.

i love that you care and are making a stance.

not many do.

Anonymous said...

Go J. lo! I agree!