Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Meet my friend...

I have been meaning to post this blog since last week. I would like to introduce you to my friend...or should I say half-a-friend in the picture...Bob the cockroach.

You see a few weeks back I was driving and out of the side of my eye I say something moving on the passenger floor. I looked over and there was Bob...the biggest cockroach I have ever seen. At least four inches in length. I immediately pulled over, jumped out of my car and went around to dispose of Bob. But he was a fast bugger...as I went to get him he ran up inside the dash of my car. I could not find away to get him. For the next few days I drove around worried that he was going to jump out and crawl on me while I was driving. But after a few days I forgot about Bob until...

Fast forward to last week. I was visiting a buddy of mine and he wanted to see my new truck. He asked if it had four wheel drive. I told him yes, however I didn't know how to use it. He told me to hop in and he would teach me. So, I got in the passenger seat and we took off. We went around the block and pulled back up to my buddies office. When we were getting out he said "Derek, what is THAT?" and pointed to my vent. I went around and looked and there was Bob...dead of course...and stuck to the vent. Actually taking up almost all of the vent. I started laughing. Then I thought how I had the air on earlier and how I recalled things coming out of the vent and I thought it was dust or something...nope...it was pieces of Bob. Ewww.

So I drove around a few hours wondering how I would get him out since he was inside the vent and the vent does not come off. Leave it to one of my bestest friends, Bec, lil miss McGiver to come up with a solution. She pulled our her trusty lil tweezers and I dissected Bob out of the vent. The only problem was he was too big to come through so I had to break him into pieces to remove him. Wait there was another problem, I had to leave the air running to get him out or else he would fall inside the back of the vent so I got to have Bob guts fly all over me while I pulled him out. What you see in the above picture is the remaining chunk of Bob on the ground after I got him out. RIP Bob...it was nice knowing you!

No comments: