Monday, October 08, 2007

Solitude

Today in my practicum class we took fifteen minutes of solitude. It was an amazing thing. We were all silent and for the first half we listened to an audio of a woman's voice and she took us through letting go the busyness around us and bringing God into the center of all our thoughts. It was a very cool experience.

I began to picture all the areas of my life: work/ministry, friend, family, my home, school and I pictured my self hurrying from place to place and realizing how often I don't put God in the center of what I do. How often I can see me going through the actions of life and not focusing on the fact that everything truly revolves around Him. I left the class and drove across town and didn't turn on my music, didn't talk on my phone, just spent another fifteen or so minutes listening to the sounds around me and taking the things of life in.

It really made me think that I never spend moments just in silence. Life is so busy and it causes us to loose touch. I encourage you to spend a moment today in the silence...no music, no reading, no talking...just be still and know that He is there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have heard that about CA before! Actually it is true I think everywhere...even to some extent in the Land of Oz!