Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sometimes there are no answers

I found myself asking "Why" the past few days and realizing sometimes we won't have the answers. We don't always understand why bad things happen to good people. It also became clear to me that so often I look at all the problems in my life and feel sorry for myself when really I have no idea the hurt and pain that others are going through. My problems are not even a drop of water compared to what others are experiencing. As I type this blog two of my friends are going through a world of pain. Both of them are battling with losing their mothers. Both of these friends are younger than I. One who's mom is battling day by day with cancer that has taken over her entire body. The other who's mom has been in a coma for five weeks and the family is coming to terms with removing life support as there is no chance for mom to wake up. There are no words that I can say that can ease any pain these two families are going through. I try and put myself in their shoes and it doesn't even compare to an ounce of what their are feeling. I could not imagine losing my mom or looking at her and knowing she is going to pass. My heart goes out to my friends and their families. All we can do is know that God is in control and He is the only one that can comfort.

1 comment:

BK said...

God is in control and He knows and understands more then we ever will.

Thanks for the post D.